David A. Leeming - Creation Myths of the World, 2 volumes - 2nd edition
The most comprehensive resource available on creation myths from around the world―their narratives, themes, motifs, similarities, and differences―and what they reveal about their cultures of origin.
• Over 200 entries on the creation myths of various peoples, belief systems, and religions from around the world, in addition to entries on the common features of many creation myths, such as the seed, the primordial being, the creative fire, water, and stages of creation
• 5 in-depth essays analyzing the nature and significance of the archetypal forms of creation myths
• A series of first person retellings of creation myths from different cultures by contemporary individuals
• Charts that categorize the myths according to type, theme, and geographical location
• An extensive glossary of terms related to creation myths―both general and specific
• An annotated bibliography of print and online resources for further exploration of all aspects of creation mythology